Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Carol Jiani - Superstar (1995)

This was the lead-off single from Carol Jiani's 'comeback' album of the same name. Carol was a disco and hi-NRG diva and gay icon in the 1970's and 80's, best known for the song "Hit 'N Run Lover". The Superstar single and album were apparently only released in Canada. This song, a nice house number, is oddly an obvious scolding and critique of Michael Jackson and his child molestation charges. I wonder how she feels about it today...


Download Superstar

1
Superstar (Club Mix)
2
Superstar (Original Mix)
3
Superstar (Radio Mix)

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love Carol and "Superstar" is one of her fiercest anthems. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this track! You oughta post her "Superstar" album on The Isle sometime. Quite possibly one of my guiltiest pleasures.

    ReplyDelete

REMEMBER to let me know if any links are down in the COMMENTS of whatever song you're looking for and I'll try to reup them ASAP. :)