Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stiletto Fetish - I Think I Love You (1989)

Now for something a little different. Stiletto Fetish were a sassy Canadian female duo who had a small underground cult following in the late 80s/early 90s. Kim Jacobson and Liane Alliston specialized in provocative rap rock with a goth edge. This was their first self-released single, a remake of the Partridge Family hit, with the original track 'Broke On Coke'. The video got a lot of play back in the day. They later changed their name to just The Fetish and released one self-titled mini-album in 1992, which I have posted on the Isle. According to Kim they were signed to Warner UK (but never released anything on it), and she is now a flight attendant and Liane is apparently married to a rich man. LOL This is a very acquired taste, but it is amazing how many people have requested this in the past. Enjoy?


Here's an interview

Another amusing interview + Part 2

Download I Think I Love You

1
I Think I Love You
2
Broke On Coke

7 comments:

  1. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I never thought I'd see a decent digital copy of this in my lifetime!!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a digital version of the B-Side "Broke on Coke"? I've been dying to hear it and can't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is actually part of the download file I have posted. They are together in a zip file. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anyway this can be re-upped ? Have been looking forward to this ever since I downloaded The Fetish. Thanks for all the great music and all your work. Love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant see the video because it is private is there anyway to get a new link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't have the video myself...

      Delete

REMEMBER to let me know if any links are down in the COMMENTS of whatever song you're looking for and I'll try to reup them ASAP. :)