Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kim Esty - Make You Mine (1988?)

I have once again neglected this blog, and I apologize, but I return with peace offerings - a slew of pop-dance singles by Canadian female singers. I featured Kim Esty on the Isle Of Deserted Pop Stars already, so go there for more info on the lady. This single was one of her first, independently released somewhere in the late 1980's (the single itself doesn't say). It's a mid-tempo dance pop song (the version on her Variety Show and Best Of is a newer, ballad version) that was her first collaboration with Barry Harris from Thunderpuss, who would guide her to later success. The Hi-Bias and RPM mixes change the pace to housey and hip hop-ish respectively. And it also features one of the first remixes by Barry's future Thunderpuss partner Chris Cox. A lovely track that began a lengthy career in pop music.

Download Make You Mine

1
Make You Mine (The Chris Cox Mix)
2
Make You Mine (Original Mix)
3
Make You Mine (The RPM Mix)
4
Make You Mine (The Hi-Bias Mix)
5
Make You Mine (Radio)

8 comments:

  1. I have been looking for this song FOREVER!! I can't seem to download it, is it hosted somewhere else?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reuploaded it for you. ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! You are a dude of dudes!!!! :))))

      Delete
  2. Hey Nasty G! The link doesnt work again. Is it possible to reup it somehow? Greets from Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you upload this one again, too?

    ReplyDelete

REMEMBER to let me know if any links are down in the COMMENTS of whatever song you're looking for and I'll try to reup them ASAP. :)