Friday, February 25, 2011

Sharon Lee Williams - Your Place Or Mine (1989)

Sharon Lee Williams is well known in the Canadian music industry, but she only ever released one single as a solo artist. She did manage a hit as part of the group Sway and their remake of Ottawan's "Hands Up" in 1987 (which I also mentioned on The Isle in the Chantal Condor post. ;) and contributed vocals to the work of many other artists. Her only solo release was released a couple of years after the Sway hit, and the original is very 80s pop/R&B. The 'Your Place Mix' is a lot faster and has a very Pointer Sisters-ish sound, and the 'My Place Mix" is a lot funkier. But my fave is the 'Percusappella'. Sharon is still involved in the music industry and has even been a vocal coach for Canadian Idol. She currently runs her own vocal coaching company out of Toronto, MusicEnt Productions.

Download Your Place Or Mine

1
Your Place Or Mine (Your Place Mix)
2
Your Place Or Mine (Original 7 Inch)
3
Your Place Or Mine (My Place Mix)
4
Your Place Or Mine (Percusappella)

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm really itching to hear this song. I hope I'm not bothering. I already hit you up on Facebook. The link here is down.

    Thank You and be well>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Nasty
    thx for this!
    I wrote this song.
    Would love to hear it again
    This link is dead...
    Cheers

    Allan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been reupped. Congrats on writing a great song! :)

      Delete

REMEMBER to let me know if any links are down in the COMMENTS of whatever song you're looking for and I'll try to reup them ASAP. :)