Friday, January 30, 2015

Lola - Wax The Van (1987)

When digging through my records I came across this gem.  I had no idea I owned this and had never seen or heard it before!  But what a strange treat!  Lola is soul singer Lola Blank, with assistance from 'mutant-disco' legends Arthur Russell (Loose Joints) and her husband Bob Blank (Aural Exciters).  This track keeps up that mutant-disco vibe with a very odd yet horribly catchy club jam.  They released two more tracks as Lola - "I Need More" and "Work It".  I'm so glad I unearthed this unknown treasure in my collection!

Download Wax The Van

1 Wax The Van (Kenny's Club Version)
2 Wax The Van (Cherry's Club)
3 Wax The Van (Radio Edit)
4 Wax The Van (Jon's Dub)

4 comments:

REMEMBER to let me know if any links are down in the COMMENTS of whatever song you're looking for and I'll try to reup them ASAP. :)